This was one of those weeks where I worked really hard and got almost done with several things, but not quite. Oh well.
Here is a picture of that wig after I took the curlers out. They worked really well, except I forgot how important it is to set the curlers in the right direction. So I’ll have to redo the curlers again sometime, but I was probably going to have to do that anyway, considering all the flyaways. The interesting thing is, I thought I was going to have to trim the bangs, because they went halfway down her face, but it turns out they were just meant to be curled.
In addition to playing with my new wigs, I came really close to finishing the bed I’ve been working on. Sorry for the grainy, middle-of-the night pictures below. Getting better photography skills is on my to-do list.
There are only a couple of finishing touches left to do. I’m probably going to add weights to the quilt, after all. It just doesn’t hang right. I want to run a line of stitching around the outside edge of the quilt, and I want to spray paint the frame white, since it’s rusty and all the brass coating is coming off (and I have no idea how that happened. None at all. Stop asking me.).
The throw pillows are so tacky, they crack me up. They are an homage to a faux-fur pillow I had when I was a kid that was a hand-me-down from the 1960s. I wish I had made them bigger, though. Everything else is pretty much just how I wanted it, although looking at the whole thing now, I wonder if maybe I should have tea-stained it all before I glued anything down. I can’t wait to see it with all my tiny stuffies piled on it, like a proper little-girl bed. And maybe a book or two.
This week I’m working on a commission, so I may not have anything to show you next time. Coming soon: wigging for the whole family!